Q: When it comes to nuts, both adults and kids will agree that they are the best snacks for watching a football match or a movie. Except for those who are allergic to nuts, everyone likes this product a lot. It is not surprising that the nuts are also extremely useful. But when you buy them packaged, can you be sure of the quality? Homemade nuts are a different thing. What’s the best way to prepare them? Let’s see.
How to Fry Walnuts in the Microwave?
We’re sure you often buy raw walnuts and fry them when it’s needed. A movie, a birthday cake, a gift, a salad or snacks to take to the office tomorrow – there are so many reasons for nuts to be in your kitchen.
Apart from this, they are nutritious and very useful for men’s and women’s health.
Using a frying pan to prepare nuts makes them crispy from the outside whereas the microwave oven contributes to the fact that the nuts get thoroughly roast inside.
Is it worth mentioning that you spend half as much time microwaving nuts?
As usual, the time depends on the power of your microwave oven, amount of the nuts and readiness degree.
Here’s one of the easiest ways to get perfectly microwaved walnuts:
- Take 200 g of fine walnuts without shell
- Wash them thoroughly in a colander under running water
- Set your microwave oven at 750-1000 Watt
- Place the walnuts in a microwaveable dish (if you can’t think of the size of the mold, take that one where the nuts can form two layers)
- Microwave for 6 minutes to get the nuts slightly roasted
- Give them two minutes more to fry well
Are There Any Secrets to Keep the Nuts from Burning?
If you take more than 200 grams of walnuts, say, 500 grams, then you’ll need 12-16 minutes to roast them.
Almond nut is an exception. You have to microwave it for as little as 4-6 minutes to get them well-roasted.
When frying in the microwave oven, the nuts seem to be raw when they are hot.
But as soon as they cool down, the nuts will become just perfect.
The above mentioned is the reason why you can easily overroast the nuts.
How to take control over this? Easy: when the walnuts or any other nuts but almond start popping (i.e. 1-2 minutes before readiness), you have to take one or two out of the oven, cool down and try them.
Make sure that you get the nut cooled down properly; otherwise you’ll misunderstand the taste.
Another useful tip is to mix the nuts here and there while they are frying.
Attention! The walnuts can easily get burnt and you won’t understand this if you are not controlling the process.
Remember that any product in the microwave starts burning from the inside, so the husk of many types of nuts prevents you from anticipating this.
As a matter of fact, the process of microwaving nuts depends greatly on your microwave oven.
If the oven is new and powerful, the nuts frying process will accelerate.
Wherein the old microwave set at a maximum of 750 Watt fries walnuts well for 8 minutes, a new device does the same job at 1000 Watt for 5-6 minutes.
Can I Microwave Peanuts?
So many lovers of peanuts in this country question themselves whether they can prepare peanuts in the microwave oven.
We will tell you the best way to do it right, so that the snack will turn out to be just excellent.
Following these instructions, you will get the peanuts which are not too greasy and don’t produce a profuse smell at your home.
Peanut – 2 сups
Salt – 3 tablespoons
Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cover a heat-resistant plate with a napkin or special baking paper. Spread the nuts on in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the nuts with salt and oil evenly
- In fact, you can do without oil and salt, it depends on what you prefer. But we highly recommend experimenting with sauces and oils
- Send the dish to the oven and microwave at full power for 2 minutes
- Stop and mix well. Again, turn the microwave oven on and roast for 3 minutes more.