Q: Sometimes, when we don’t have much time for the preparation of a big meal, having some salami cooked in a microwave is just what we need. If your question here was ‘Can I cook salami in a microwave?’, the answer is ‘Yes, you can cook salami in a microwave.’
How to Cook Salami in a Microwave?
The process is quite simple and here are the steps:
- Turn your salami into thin slices – the slices can be of any thickness but their thickness will affect the cooking time and the temperature required
- Place the slices on a microwave-safe plate (you can use as many slices as you like as long as they don’t cover each other)
- Microwave the salami for about 20 seconds at medium temperature, or even at high temperature if you want it crispy
- Leave it a bit at the room temperature and then you can consume it
Salami and Cheese in a Microwave
Preparing your sandwich with salami and cheese in a microwave is a really quick process. First, you will need two slices of bread (or toast) which you will cover with two slices of salami – a slice of salami per a slice of bread.
You should place the slices of bread with pieces of salami on a microwave-safe plate and add two slices of cheese over it – 1 piece of cheese per a piece of bread. Then join the pieces together, place the sandwich on a plate and put the plate in a microwave.
The cooking process should not last more than 20 seconds on high temperature, or 30 seconds on a medium temperature.
Still, the cooking time will vary depending on the power of your microwave. Additionally, the thickness of the salami and bread slices will also define the cooking time and the temperature.
Salami Chips from a Microwave
Here, you will have to buy some chicken salami or any other good-quality salami. Then slice it into thin pieces. You will need a microwave-safe dish, preferably a plate, and place these slices on the plate.
Prior to placing the slices of salami on a plate, the plate has to be covered by a few layers of paper towel. Their purpose is to absorb any quantity of grease that comes from the salami while it is being cooked.
Then microwave your salami for about 2 minutes at mid-to-high temperature.
These salami chips can be served alone or with some delicious dips.
Simple Tomato Dip for Salami Chips from a Microwave
For this dip you will need:
- 1 kg whole tomatoes
- 1 can green chiles
- ground black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
Take a bowl which is big enough to mix all the ingredients in it. Clean, peel and cut tomatoes into small pieces. Then squeeze the tomatoes with your fingers or by using a fork.
Then add all the other ingredients and stir the mixture well.
Salami in Mayonnaise from a Microwave
This meal is delicious, so you should prepare it today. Here are the steps:
- Take 4 medium-sized, medium-cooked potatoes.
- Use a microwave-safe dish and mix 2 1/2 cups of mayonnaise with potatoes.
- Cover this mixture with a plastic wrap and place it in the microwave.
- Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes at medium temperature.
- Open the microwave and stir the mixture.
- Place some salami slices over the mixture.
- Add slices of Cheddar cheese over the salami.
- Microwave the mixture for another 2-3 minutes at medium temperature until the potatoes are fully cooked and the cheese is melted.
This meal can be prepared with peeled raw potatoes but then the cooking process will include adding some water in the potatoes prior adding Mayonnaise and it will last longer.